Nia is an exhilarating movement and lifestyle practice. As the first cardio workout to combine martial arts, dance, and healing arts, Nia has fundamentally changed lives with its evolutionary approach to fitness and self-healing. An internationally acclaimed practice for over 25 years, Nia educates not just the body, but also the whole human being, by instructing us how to move in ways that most benefit our individuality and creating pathways to an unlimited sense of our human potential.
Nia offers a fun, creative opportunity for health and wellbeing regardless of age or physical condition. Our philosophy is “Through movement we find health.“ We cultivate fitness, health, and wellbeing by choosing Pleasure over pain. Practiced barefoot to music, each person is invited to move at his or her own level of intensity, adapting the moves to their body potential at any given moment. While delivering cardiovascular, whole-body conditioning, Nia creates a loving relationship with one’s own body.
Benefits of Nia
- Stimulates pleasure of living in the body
- Supports weight loss
- Increases energy, strength, flexibility, mobility, and agility
- Improves circulation and heart health
- Fosters creativity, confidence, and self-expression
- Develops grace, power, and muscle tone
- Improves posture, balance, and stability
- Increases relaxation and stress reduction
- Strengthens the nerve system
- Improves focus and concentration
- It’s transformational and FUN!
“I love Nia! It’s a total mind, body, spirit celebration.”
Christiane Northrup, M.D.,
Author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom